expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday 27 October 2012

Warm afternoon at Tiong Bahru


A couple of weeks ago, hubby and me had lunch at Old Tiong Bahru Bak Kut Teh.

Their wet tissue package got a cute pink cartoon pig.
I don't think the pig is happy, cos' it's going to be cooked  >.<

Consisdered a lot for only 2 of us.

I love braised eggs and tau pok.  Infact I can be easily satisfied with this plate alone.

The intestines were a bit too salty.

4 pieces of prime ribs, so 2 for each of us.
When it comes to food (especially with limited amount),
have to calculative even if we are husband and wife, heehee....
Pepper-ish soup was nice enough to make us perspire.

Address of Old Tiong Bahru Bak Kut Teh
Blk 58 Seng Poh Road
#01-31
Tel: 6224 4990
Operation hours 6.30am to 9pm
(close on Mondays)

After the meal we went to GlamoGirl's office at Tiong Bahru to collect my prize.  Click here for full story ^.^

We walked around Tiong Bahru market area, in hope to find something interesting.  Hubby's patience was wearing off under the sun, so I had no choice but to hop into our mini bus to head home.  While he was driving, I spotted Tiong Bahru Bakery.  He had no choice but to stop the vehicle in order to fulfill my curiosity.

Enter through this single panel rotating door made me excited.
As soon as we entered the helpful staff asked if we need a table.
Told her we don't, just need to purchase from counter.


Didn't take pics of the interior cos' hubby was already not in his best mood.
At that point of time, all he could think of was to rush home and crush onto bed to snooze till dinner time.
Back to Tiong Bahru Bakery......
The place was considered crowded with diners having tea/coffee and bread/pastry as lunch.

Here's pics of my purchases~~


Chocolate chip bun and sugar bun, the cheapest items I could find at the counter @S$3.50 if I remembered correctly.  I really don't know how to appreciate hard buns, the atas box didn't help to justify the cost.

Squid ink burger with lots of rocket leaves and slices of smoked salmon and bacon @S$8.50.  The black bread taste exactly like our traditional steam bao, the only difference was the color.  The rocket leaves were no longer crispy after being exposed to our humid weather.  Smoked salmon and bacon weren't best friends,  they just taste saltish.

It was one of those days where I felt heart-pain for spending money (at the wrong place)..............

No comments:

Post a Comment