expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 7 April 2014

Bangkok 2014 Day 4

Date of travel: 20.03.2014


This post is a continuation from:
Singapore/Bangkok Day 1 - click HERE
Bangkok/Kanchanaburi Day 2 Part I - click HERE
Bangkok/Kanchanaburi Day 2 Part II - click HERE
Bangkok Day 3 - click HERE


Slightly late this day, breakfast at around 9.15am.
My breakfast plate, with lots of greens and fruits.  I three days never poo poo liao T___T

Handsome or not?
OOTD - Straw hat from Siam night market 200 baht,
Moustach T-shirt 150 baht from Khao San,
Also denim shorts 100 baht bought 2 years back ^.^

From the hotel's lobby, we went into Platinum Mall from this escalator and the money changer was right in front.

After changing some thai baht, tried my best not to get distracted, but still, I bought 2 pairs of flats before we managed to walked out of Platinum Mall to Pratunam Market.
King Luis, my dear son, was very patient.  Not once he ask me to hurry up like most boys/men would.  He also carried all my shopping bags in his backpack, no grumbles.

Me:  Luis arh, after what had happened for the past few days, are you angry with me?

King Luis:  A little bit.

Me:  You still dare to travel with me or not?

King Luis:  Can lah, but you don't come up with adventurous itineraries, just stick to normal shopping and eating can or not?

Me:  Luckily you are safe and sound, if not I'll die.

King Luis:  Mummy, you can't die.  You are the most important person in the family.  We can't do without you seriously.

Me: heehee.... (I put my arm around his shoulder, walking.  It's awkward, cos' he is taller than me.  But I like it.  It was like yesterday when I used carried him in my arms.  How did he just grow until so big from a little bundle in my arms?  He's such a big boy now...)

King Luis:  A family is not a family without mother.

My eyes started to well up.  Despite of me being so screw up, he could still say such sweet things to me.

Me:  Our family will not be complete with you too.  

King Luis:  Really? (A sheepish smile spread on his face, I melted...my handsome cute baby boy...)

Me:  Of course!  You are part of the family and Baby, mummy love you.... (nose welling up also)

King Luis:  Ya lah ya lah, walk faster lah.... (Just in time to stop me from crying in public.  He's a mini version of his father.)

Finally walked out.  Along the road was one stretch of stalls with pink canvas shelters.

Perhaps zebra crossing doesn't work, 2 traffic police officers were there.

Took a quick snap at the junction.  This is the 24hrs Mcdonald just beside Novotel Platinum Hotel.

Couldn't wait to explore this market.  Yes, it's was our first time here.


Some pics in Pratunam Market.

Meanwhile, we were looking for a famous wonton noodles.  The google map was pretty useless, we asked people along the way.

Randomly took some pics along the way...



Krung Thong Plaza, where King Luis bought a hat at 150 baht.  Scroll down and there are pics of him wearing it.

It's so freaking warm, walked until my slippers gave way.  Luckily got new shoes in King Luis's bag.

Found it at last!!

SabX2 Pratunam Wanton Noodles
4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19, Pratunam Bangkok Thailand
Tel: 66 2 653 9618
Opening Hours: 9am - 4pm daily


Besides, wanton noodles, they have braised pig trotters/intestines with rice which I regretted not trying.

Inside were aluminium tables and plastic stools.  But who cares!  Most importantly, this eatery got AIRCON!  Life-saving aircon you know!

Also a funny sight, almost on all tables, there was this stick of "housefly catcher".

50 baht each bowl.  The portion was very little, great for tea-break but definitely not enough for hungry lunch.  2 bowls were equivalent to our 1 bowl serving here, so we ordered 3 bowls to share.
Dry noodles were literally dry without any seasoning except for a bit of lard oil.  We added in chilli flakes and light soya sauce for some taste.


There were generous amount of little crispy pork lard cubes which I love.  Their wanton were made of solely minced pork fillings which was different from Singapore's.  Our's we added minced watercress in our mince pork.  While the companied side dishes were compliments, the main star was the super Q and springy egg noodles.  


After lunch we decided to walk back to Platinum Mall from another direction.
Chanced upon Shibuya, a shopping mall with blasting cold aircon with less crowd.

Lost........ and the google map was not helping.

King Luis saw a "promising" building, so we walked over the bridge to the other side of the road.

Pantip Plaza was "COMPUTER" for King Luis and simply "A&W" for me.

Pantip Plaza = Bangkok Sim Lim Square but a more intensive scale.  King Luis said he found heaven -____-


There were numerous shops selling all sorts of spare parts for computer.  While they didn't look familiar, King Luis was totally fascinated.


King Luis gotten his Razer Abyssus [Mirror Edition] gaming mouse at 890 baht.
He acted cool in front of camera.  Off the camera, he was grinning from left to right and right to left.  With that he walked out of Pantip Plaza with no regrets.

There was no way we could walk pass a A&W without going in.

We were not hungry, but just need to eat a waffle, 70 baht.

It was a relieve when we realised that Pantip Plaza was just next to Platinum Mall.  Here's my heaven, heehee....
I did not buy blindly like a desperate mad woman this time.  I wanted to get clothes with good material and workmanship, presentable enough for me to wear when attending events.  Not too fruitful with only an hour's time.

Freshened and dressed up cos' we were going on Grand Pearl Cruise for dinner!
OOTD - Satin op with abstract prints 100 baht (Siam Square)
Gauze skirt with satin hem 200 baht (Platinum Mall)
Sling bag (can't remember price at Platinum Mall)
Ballerina flats 280 baht (Platinum Mall)

We reached River City, the jetty at around 6.35pm, almost an hour early.  Grand Pearl Cruise was scheduled to arrive at 7.30pm.

There were many other brightly lit boats having dinner cruises as well.

These ladies pinned on orchid brooches for tourists and the photographer snapped photographs which were later sold on the cruise.

We sat down, watching the boats passed by, let the breeze brushed our faces till we nearly doze off.

As the sun sets, it got more crowded at the jetty.

My sis asked how's our cruise like, I told her to look at this board.  She forgotten that it's my first time to Grand Pearl Cruise also >.<

 We waited and waited for our Grand Pearl.  Saw many other cruises with people dinning inside.

We so scared to miss our cruise....

Then, Grand Pearl made a grand entrance to the jetty with saxophone... EXCITED!!
It was the biggest cruise we saw the entire night, HAPPY!!  It better be good cos' we paid 1500 baht/pax leh.

My cameras and smart phone can only produce this photo quality during the nite.  The night scenes were really nice but couldn't capture, what a waste, sigh.....
Anyway, crews with smart uniforms greeted us, atas cruise.

"Elvis Presley"!!  Waahaaahaaa......

Here's a short video of it.

My sis booked inside seatings.  Waaaa.... wanted to scream at her sia!

I want to sit at the deck, more romantic!  She asked me: Have you take into consideration how windy it is outside?  You want to eat dinner with wind, then risking Karsten jumping into the river?"  True enough, when the cruise started to sail out, it was very windy.  It's more comfortable inside.  Active and energetic Karsten was bouncing up and down the couch.  If we were at the deck, we wouldn't be able to eat in peace lolxx...


 Buffet dinner started with a impressive live band.

Salad spread.

Western and asian dishes.



Fruits and dessert counter.

Took little bit of everything...

The live band and the fantastic male singer was captivating.  He has got a very soothing voice that we enjoyed very much.  There were a couple of traditional thai dances too.

After we had our fill of dinner, we went to the deck to enjoy the breeze and scenery along Chao Phraya River.

Still a bit upset over my lousy cameras, but here are the night shots.  Do a google search, you will be able to see photos professionally taken.  The scenery was pretty spectacular.  Nevertheless, here are my very own photos for my own remembrance.
.
.
.
.


Rama VIII Bridge 475m in length and 160m height.
We drove through this bridge to Kanchanaburi.  2 years back, we travel pass this bridge as well to Maeklong Railway Market.  You may read about it HERE.





We sailed pass 2 low bridges.

This was so low that we almost could touch it!
It happened to be low tight, if it's on a day with high tight, passengers on the deck would have to sit or squat down.  Couldn't explain the thrill lolxx...

Another very beautiful sight would be Wat Arun Temple.  The intricate architectural was breathing taking.  I need to visit it to take a closer look if I visit Bangkok again.

We booked this Grand Pearl Dinner cruise from our hotel Novotel Platinum's travel counter.  It's 1500 baht per pax and 1000 baht for child, including to and fro transport from hotel.  It was a good and relaxing 2hrs experience but do not pin too high hopes on the buffet spread.  It was decent, but there wasn't any indulgence with absence of seafood and beef, no salmon, no oysters, no crab, no crayfish, a bit disappointed -.-  To make myself more comfortable, I would divide the cost of 1500 baht into 3 parts - transport/cruise, buffet and the music/dance entertainment.

The day ended with night coughs for me and sore throat for King Luis.  But Day 5, which was the last was still good, I didn't want to come back.......  Drafting these blog posts for the past few days made me miss Thailand so badly.   There are so many places that I missed out in Bangkok, let alone Kanchanaburi... When can I earn enough to travel again?...

Thank you peeps for reading ^.^



No comments:

Post a Comment