expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 3 March 2014

Sandwich Saigon

Date of visit: 06.01.2014



The first time I ate Vietnam's french bread loaf was my visit to Ho Chin Minh.
It was only about S$0.20 per loaf at a humble stall in Ben Thanh Market.  You may read about it HERE.
It was very unforgettable and I know I'll never find that warmth and fragrance in Singapore.

God must had pity my longing for it and I "discovered" Sandwich Saigon located along East Coast Road.

This little cafe was half occupied on the weekday evening.   They seemed to have more take-aways from local and vietnam patrons than dine-ins.

Nothing extravagance, cane chairs added a little bit of nostalgic feel.
The other diners were exchanging soft chats, happily enjoying their pho or sandwiches.  Noisy and loud children were all "kept" at Aston's just a few units away.   Good!  I needed some peace.

This was their menu, clearly indicated that baguette is their signature.


Beef Pho S$10.50
Tasty clear broth with lots of  tender beef slices.  The portion wasn't big, may not be satisfying enough for hungry people.



Ham sandwich S$5.90
It's crispy on the outside, little crumbs fell all over table no matter how gently I bite lolxx...  Super cotton candy soft inside with ham and  flavourful pickled veg fillings.

So good, that we "ta bao" plain ones home.  It's S$2.00 each.


No GST, no service charge, away from the bizz and buzz of city, appreciate the quiet crowd very much.



 Sandwich Saigon
93 East Coast Road
Singapore 428792
Tel: 6345 3849

No comments:

Post a Comment